Personal Use EV Charger Rebates
Receive up to $500subject to availability of funds.
Anaheim Public Utilities is offering Personal Use Electric Vehicle Charging Station Rebates to residential, commercial and industrial customers who install Level 2 (240-Volt), or higher, plug-in electric vehicle (EV) chargers at their home or business. Under this program, Anaheim will reimburse customers for out-of-pocket expenses up to $500 per EV charger, and the charging facility may be used for personal or business purposes without being made available to the public. Eligible expenses include the cost of the charger and the cost of installation. In addition to the rebate, Anaheim will pay the City’s permit fees for the EV charger. Customers who receive a rebate under the Public Access EV Charger Rebate Program are not eligible to receive a second rebate under this Personal EV Charger Rebate Program for the same charger.
Find out more by calling 714-765-4250 or email us.
Plug-In Electric Vehicle Charger Rebate Program Steps.
- Obtain an Anaheim building permit for the installation of your new EV charger at 200 South Anaheim Blvd., Anaheim CA 92805. All permit fees will be paid by Anaheim. If you have any questions about the permitting process please call Anaheim Building Services at 714-765-5153
- Install your new EV charger in accordance with applicable building codes.
- Fill out a EV Charger Rebate Application and submit the completed application along with all supporting documentation to:
201 South Anaheim Boulevard
Anaheim, CA 92805
Supporting documents required include:
- All charging station purchase and installation receipts
- Copy of Building Department Permit Card showing final sign off
- Copy of your Anaheim Public Utilities bill
- Photo of the installed PEV charging station
- Photo of the serial number on your charger
- Anaheim Public Utilities does not warrant, endorse or assume liability for the quality, performance or safety of the contractor and/or retailer or wholesaler. Performance of any product and acceptance of materials used is solely the customer’s responsibility.
- Applicant agrees that any incentive may be credited towards any delinquent (as currently defined in the rates, rules and regulations for the City of Anaheim) utility bill(s) for which the customers is responsible whether the account(s) is open or closed.
- Applicant is responsible for obtaining all required permits from the City of Anaheim.
- Applicant must receive electric service from Anaheim Public Utilities.
- Applicant must submit all required documents listed in the Program Steps tab to be eligible for a rebate.
- Applicant understands and agrees that Anaheim Public Utilities may inspect the installed charger before the incentive is paid.
- Maximum of 5 EV charger rebates per customer.
- Prior to installation, the applicant is responsible for meeting all program requirements and for checking with state, county or city governments and homeowner’s associations (if any) regarding local:
- Rules and regulations
- The EV charger must be installed within Anaheim Public Utilities service area.
- The incentive offer is on a first-come, first-served basis and is effective until funding is expended or the program is discontinued.